OFFSHORE WORKS ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Belgium.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Renewables, Offshore Wind Energy
- Assist in setting up Requirements and scope related to offshore installation, site investigation and interface with other packages and departments;
- Validate and analyse Metocean data and perform workability studies.
- Follow up site investigation campaigns.
- Provide support to the pre qualification and tender selection process of installation and site investigation contractors.
- Support the business development with technical review of novel technologies and concepts.
- Follow up offshore installation during the construction phases of projects.
- report to the Foundation Package Manager.
- Follow up of the different tenders issued for offshore installation (foundations, WTG, cables).
- Review the Contractor's assumptions and documents to assure compliance with the client's requirements.
- Monitor installation schedules and programs.
- Keep track of and implement lessons learned and cooperate in risk mitigation.
- Interface between the different scopes, packages or contracts, internally within and externally towards contractors and other 3rd parties.
- Preparation, participation and processing of follow-up meetings with the contractor(s).
- Master degree in Civil / Offshore Engineering (naval, marine, environmental) or equivalent through experience.
- Experience in the field of offshore wind is a plus, otherwise able to learn fast in a quickly evolving industry.
- Ability to work independently with a strong problem-solving attitude.