LEAD FABRICATION ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Belgium.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Renewables, Offshore Wind Energy
- Foundations Package - Lead Fabrication Engineer to reinforce Foundations Package team.
- Create Employer's Requirements related to foundation fabrication and interface with other packages and departments
- Organize and lead the supplier's prequalification and selection process
- Manage the technical and contractual interfaces between design, fabrication and installation of wind turbine foundations
- Establish relevant Quality and HSE requirements for the fabrication processes and ensure their implementation in the Employer's Requirements and in the contracts
- Provide technical support within the Foundations Package team and participate in the design process, especially of secondary steel items
- During the construction phases of projects follow up fabrication and construction works in the factories and on the pre-assembly and construction sites
- Reporting to the Foundation Package Manager
- Manage and follow-up the different tenders issued for the fabrication and installation of the foundations
- Review the contractor's assumptions and documents to assure compliance with the requirements
- Participate in the design review of the ongoing foundation detailed design process
- Monitor production schedules
- Keep track of and implement lessons learned
- Interfacing between the different scopes, packages and contracts
- Preparation, participation and processing of follow-up meetings with the contractor
- Quality and HSE control on the foundation fabrication and workmanship
- Flexibility (in both directions) will be a large part of function. opportunity to perform site visits, and occasionally travel, in Belgium as well as abroad.
- Master degree in Civil Engineering (Structural, Construction, ...) or equivalent relevant workmanship experience
- At least 5 years of experience in fabrication management, preferably in offshore
- Ability to work independently with a problem-solving attitude
- Software knowledge in MS Office, CAD/CAM, AutoCad
- Knowledge of design software is a plus