DESIGN ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired in a permanent basis, located in London, UK.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Electrical and Power Transmission & Distribution
- Designs electrical systems by developing and testing components.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Prepare design reports to support tenders.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information in house and externally.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Ensure all designs are in line with IEC / UK standards.
- Liaise with manufactures to ensure equipment suitability in line with proposed design.
- Maintains a data base of designs as a reference point
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Electrical Systems, Database Design, Analysing Information, Preparing Technical Reports, Attention to Detail, Emphasizing Excellence, Innovation.
- Behavioural competencies
- Integrity and communication
- Negotiation and influencing
- Risk management
- Flexibility and innovation
- Team Management