SENIOR ESTIMATOR required by our client, to be hired on a basis, located in the UK, Kent.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Electrical and Power Transmission & Distribution
- The main duties are to prepares cost estimates by analysing proposals and client requirements.
- Review and keep a data base of rates for material resources and sub-contractors.
- Keep a tender register and update weekly.
Reports to: Managing Director
- To prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analysing labour, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Presents prepared estimate fully costed for review by SMT.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending sites reviewing technical publications.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Engineering degree.
- Experience 4 years+ construction/engineering experience, with years as business development within the UK electricity sector.
- Experience in acting as single point of contact with clients.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Team Management and development.
- Strong engineering/technical leadership.
- Exceptional verbal and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and perform only evidence-based decision making.
- Ability to identify and manage risk and prioritise without losing sight of overall plans and priorities.
- Stakeholder, Contract and Team Management.
- Integrity and communication
- Negotiation and influencing
- Risk management
- Flexibility and innovation
- Team Management