CABLE INSTALLATION AND SUPPLY PACKAGE MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in London, UK.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Renewables, Offshore Wind Energy
- The Cable Supply and Installation Package Manager is a critical role within the Offshore Business focusing on the delivery of large-scale installation in France, working with Multinational Joint Venture Partner(s) and Contractors ensuring that the position is suitably protected at any agreements.
- Responsible for the overall package management of the inter array cable work-package for project.
- Ensuring package team compliance with health and safety policy and the safety goals of the company and the project;
- Preparation and implementation of a work-package execution plan(s) and management and coordination of all the internal and external resources required to deliver the work-package execution plan;
- Preparation and upkeep of budget;
- Development and upkeep of; package programme, interface register, risk and opportunities register, issuance of weekly and monthly package reports (as required).
- Responsible for the management and delivery of all technical activities that are required to ensure the sufficiency of the inter-array cable system solution, this shall include:
- Management of engineering resources required to develop and implement a project engineering plan(s) for the work package;
- Management of any internal and external services or resources that are required to verify design, manufacture or installation of the cables system;
- Management of all activities that are required to ensure work-package compliance with the project's interface engineering requirements.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of all procurement and market engagement works (supported by the Commercial Management and Procurement teams) relating to the inter-array cable work package, this shall include:
- Definition of the scope of work for the work package;
- Management of the engineering and project resources required to complete the preparation of technical documentation that is required for inclusion within ITT and EPCI documentation package(s).
- Assessment of the technical compliance of the received bids and for providing technical recommendation into the Contractor selection process.
- Responsibility for the negotiation of the Employer's Requirements schedule(s), the Site Data schedule, the Programme, Access and Time for Completion schedule and for ensuring the sufficiency of each within the final contract agreement.
- Responsibility for the negotiation of the Contractor's Document's schedule and for ensuring it's sufficiency within the final contract agreement.
- Working with the commercial management team to develop the commercial requirements and mechanism for the supply and installation works. o Working with the wider business (HSE, Legal, and Procurement, Insurance etc..) to ensure business requirements are reflected in tenders and contracts.
- Responsible for the identification and management of all activities and resources that are required to be completed by the inter array cable work-package so as to ensure compliance with the Employer's Consents.
- Delivery of complex multi-million, multi-disciplinary, multi- contract large-scale installation projects with a significant number of interfaces and coordination to manage.
- Ensure installation is delivered on time, to budget and quality following the highest industry practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and Environment.
- Implement offshore standards, procedures, tools, best practices and quality requirements for large scale offshore installation, to be constructed across several countries throughout Europe.
- Ensure the delivery of installation works is appropriate and consistent with strategy and delivered according to specification, budget and timetable without compromising safety.
- Define, implement and resource the appropriate organisational structure for managing large-scale installation works.
- Manage the cable package team, comprising IBR and external employees working within several countries throughout Europe ensuring project necessities are fully covered and resourced.
- Prepare large-scale installation for the execution phase including contracting offshore equipment, delivery companies, onshore facilities, harbours, consultants, H&SE and quality plans, etc.
- Provide key and strategic advice, assessment and recommendations to the business giving input and support to the projects throughout the whole life cycle (development to decommissioning)
- Provide input on appropriate bid levels / programme strategies / commercial strategies / commercial agreements relative to projects. Provide key input in the preparation of investment dossiers for all funding requests for projects.
- Support to develop HSE strategy and plans for all installation sites and ensure consistency with business strategy.
- Work with the HSE team to develop HSE strategy for large-scale installation works and ensure a high standard of health and safety awareness is maintained.
- Ensure all lessons learnt regarding installation are captured and shared with the Installation department manager.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree and professional qualification in relevant engineering discipline - Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering or Naval Architectural.
- Substantial postgraduate experience in industry with significant experience in Offshore Wind.
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Flexible to travel around Europe.
- Travel regularly to attend meetings and work at different project sites in several countries thought northern Europe, particularly Germany, France, Denmark, Spain and England.
- Relevant experience in offshore delivery planning and set up.
- Deep knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine installation.
- Deep knowledge of offshore procedures, standards and guides.
- Experience in managing high skilled teams.