TENDER PACKAGE MANAGER STEEL STRUCTURES required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Luxembourg.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Renewables, Offshore Wind Energy
- As a Tender Package Manager Steel Structures, will work in the DEME office in Luxembourg and support our DEME EPC Procurement department with different projects worldwide.
- In this function you will report to the Category Buyer Foundations (also based in Luxembourg) and have a strong liaison with the respective EPCI Tender Manager(s) located in the DEME HQ of Belgium.
- Will oversee the foundation tender process of EPCI projects and will therefore liaise with the EPCI Tender Manager and his team in order to agree on the tender strategy and planning.
- Will scrutinize the Employers Requirements related to the foundation fabrication and include them in the foundation tender package.
- Will analyse foundation fabrication tenders on its commercial, contractual, technical and project planning compliance, including an evaluation of risks and opportunities. For this analysis you will be assisted by the technical expert(s) and contracts manager where required.
- Will make a tender evaluation report and recommendation for foundation fabrication's tender selection is made by you and discussed with the EPCI Tender Manager.
- Will liaise with the EPCI Tender Manager for further follow up and expectations during the negotiation period, after the EPCI tender submission.
- Will inform on a regular basis the EPCI Tender Manager and/or Project Manager, the Category Buyer Foundations and the EPC Procurement Manager on the status of the negotiations, prior to signature and final agreement on the foundation fabrication contract(s).
- Will be assisted by a procurement engineer during the entire tender process.
- Are preferably holding a Master Degree in Engineering (or equivalent by experience but as a minimum holding a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering).
- Have experience in or an affinity with the tender process, design and/or installation/execution of marine works and/or offshore wind farm projects and/or relevant steel construction expertise.
- Experienced with Design & Built Projects and negotiation (sub-)contracts and tenders.
- An experienced user of the most common MS Office applications. Knowledge of planning programs, such as MS Project and Primavera is an asset.
- Can express yourself fluently in spoken and written English. Knowledge of German and/or French and/or another language is an asset.
- Are willing to work in the DEME office in Luxembourg
- Prepared to make occasional brief trips abroad.