INSTRUMENTATION DESIGN ENGINEER required by our Client, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston, TX.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
Durations: 24 months
Instrumentation Design Engineer assigned to projects ranging from $50M to $200M. Candidate shall be proactive and work independent and with others in a team environment.
- Knowledge and ability to design of safety system (SIS), fire and gas mapping and detection, emergency shutdown systems and SIL levels.
- Working knowledge of ISA and IEC standards.
- Ability to participate in HAZOPS and HAZIDS.
- Specify and develop datasheets for instrumentation such as HIPPS, ESDV, basic process instrumentation such as flow, temperature, and pressure.
- Experience with different instrumentation technologies such as sand and corrosion detection, multi-phase flow, strain gauges and angle monitoring.
- Knowledge of data base design software such as SmartPlant or Aveva E3D.
- Hazardous area design experience to ATEX, IEC Ex, NEC 505, API 15 etc. Does not require experience in all but does need some experience.
- Marine experience desirable to not required. Need to work with certifying agencies such as ABS, DNV, BV minimum.
- Oil and Gas experience: can be in any portion of the process, subsea, upstream, midstream, or downstream.
- Hands on field experience in commissioning a plus.
- Must be able to design single line drawings power distribution systems.
- Ability to generate schematics for instrumentation and junction boxes from a P&ID
- Ability to edit or review P&ID's if needed.
- Should understand PLC programming and should have the ability to communicate with DCS/SCADA programmers such as Honeywell.
- Requires understanding of communications networking i.e. HART protocol, ControlNet, and Ethernet.
- Basic understanding of fiber optic networks.
- Must select and specify both cable and cable glands and be able to generate a cable schedule.
- Ability to design simple PLC based control panels and systems and programming utilizing Allen Bradley PLC's.
- Ability to develop an understand other project deliverables such as i/o list, and hazardous area registers.
- Position also requires working on FEED studies as needed.
- Must be able to communicate with vendors and clients as needed.
- Need 5 years minimum experience in a related field.
- Ability to travel international 5% of the time to help with Factory Acceptance Testing, engineering meetings, or as needed for field support.