Director of Operations required by our client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, TX, before potentially moving to site location.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
We are seeking a senior leader to join us as Director, Operations. This person will be responsible for establishing the Operations Division to include growing and operating the plant in a safe, efficient and reliable manner. This position will initially be located in Houston, TX and then relocated to the site location.
- Maximizes the value generated for the Company.
- Optimizes the availability and security of the plant.
- Checks that annual quarterly and monthly performance matches the agreed program.
- Reviews daily operations meet production targets in view of quantity and quality specified.
- Ensures that the plant is operated and secured to appropriate efficiency standards. Collaborates with other directors to contribute to the overall JV targets, especially Engineering and Maintenance, HSE, HR.
- Introduces and ensures adherence to technical, financial, personnel and administrative policies, procedures and controls. Prepares the annual budget and put controls in place for the expenditure. Prepares regular reports on operational as well as quality, health, safety and environmental performance.
- Provides ongoing training of staff to form highly qualified teams in order to undertake the various activities of the Company. Ensures operators are fully trained and competent to start-up and operate the plant. Continuously identifies need for job instruction, retraining and development of operations staff.
- Maintains the Company as an industry leader in the US LNG industry.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years hydrocarbon industry experience in operations with at least 2 years of experience in a similar position of responsibility and expertise in an operating LNG liquefaction facility of similar magnitude and design.
- Broad knowledge of planning, resourcing and services for large energy infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated achievement of set performance parameters.
- Demonstrated Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness
- Experience leading teams in the development of training programs and manual creation.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams and maximize the value of people.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills across multiple employee levels and outside stakeholders
- Knowledge of generic Emergency Response management.