CEO required by our Client, to be assigned on a permanent basis, located in Houston, TX.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
The Client is a preeminent supplier of oil and gas underground storage and subsurface injection services, based in Houston Texas. The Client combines industry leadership in the design, construction, and maintenance of underground storage facilities with proven, innovative permitting, engineering, and field services in subsurface injection of liquid and gaseous fluids.
- Manage the Clients affiliate in Houston, currently consisting of 26 employees.
- Management and oversight of Operations & Engineering, Finance & Administration and commercial, recruitment and hiring of new employees with focus on employee retention. Insure a friendly and safe work environment for employees.
- Open door management style, one that fosters teamwork, respect and productivity.
- Initiate and manage all phases of business development including, screening and evaluating, external business opportunities, creating key strategic relationships with business partners and key clients, identify and create new business opportunities related to unconventional oil and gas shale plays in N America (USA, Canada and Mexico) and any other opportunities related to UGS.
- Actively participate and attend pertinent industry associations and events, i.e., SMRI (Solutions Mining Research Institute) and trade shows pertaining to all aspects of technological and scientific developments in underground storage.
- Develop and foster good working relationships with clients, including those whose ownership changes frequently. Must be adaptable to meet client needs.
- Proactively develop strong lines of communication between the Client and Corporate, in France.
- Successfully lead the Client to ensure revenue growth and sustainable profitability.
- Risk Management: Effectively manage and mitigate risk pertaining to uncertainty that exists related to operations at UGS and underground disposal facilities. Insure effective metering and monitoring procedures are in place in order to reduce risk and insure accuracy in accounting and client satisfaction.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced, fiscally responsible, Business Manager, with knowledge of operations/drilling in sub surface environments.
- Experienced in building or managing UGS facilities for hydrocarbon related products.
- Capable of overseeing a broad range of activities including design, supervision of construction, operations and maintenance of the Clients UGS facilities, knowledge of HSE - US FERC regulations, financial analysis, planning, development and oversight and development of operational services.
- Good understanding of legal issues and US labor laws.
- Well recognized and respected in the industry with good industry contacts
- Creative, resourceful, entrepreneurial individual who possesses an exceptional strategic vision of the future of underground storage market with the ability to apply new concepts and approaches to the Clients existing and future products and service offerings.
Preferably degree in an engineering discipline; Petroleum, Mining, Chemical, Mechanical, Geomechanical or Geological Engineering. Advanced degrees in Finance or MBA is a plus.
US citizen or Green card holder, English proficiency, Spanish speaker a plus!