Multi Discipline Construction Supervisor required by our client, an international Oil and Gas operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Singapore
The multi discipline construction Supervisor plays a key role in supporting the Construction superintendent by monitoring and ensuring multi discipline outfitting activities on site are executed in a safe and timely manner to acceptable quality. Particularly during extended work hours, weekend activities and night shifts by providing supervision and guidance on all aspects of installation and outfitting activities through to mechanical completion and preparation for commissioning.
Reporting to: Construction Superintendent
Contract: 3 Years
- Lead by example and ensure that Company HSE&Q policies and procedures are adhered to in all phases of the work.
- Participate in HSE related activities - Tool Box Meetings, PSI Conversations, Site HSE walks / inspections and PSCC Meetings
- General HSE follow-up and monitoring.
- Provide Multi discipline cover during extended hours / weekend works or night shift.
- Close monitoring of the performance of the EPC Contractor to ensure they are working to the approved schedule and in accordance with Company/Supplier requirements.
- Liaise with all Company discipline leads to find ways to expedite the schedule, clearing roadblocks that are in way of progressing the work, including identifying opportunities/activities that can be performed ahead of the planned schedule without having an adverse knock-on impact on later work or other areas.
- During the outfitting stage of the Topside participate in weekly meetings to review the current week along with the three and six week look-ahead plans. Assist in verifying plans are in line with the current schedule and sequence plan.
- Monitor the progress of all works in the assigned area
- Daily journals shall be kept detailing the work performed with weekly reports submitted to the Construction Superintendent giving an overview of significant work/milestones accomplished, concerns, activity plans vs. schedule, etc.
- Check manpower figures on site and confirm workers are actually performing their assigned tasks
- If on night shift advise Construction superintendent of night shift activities (achieved versus planned)
- Provide input to weekly as well as monthly reports as required by the project
- Provide input to the risk management process
- University degree or comparable education or experience
- Less formal education may be compensated by documented relevant experience
- Min 10 years' experience of construction in particular handling and monitoring of multi discipline works.
- Regulatory competence for the petroleum industry
- Experience with EPC type contracts
- Working experience with SE Asian contractors
- HSE awareness and commitment to excellent safety performance
- Apply quality management principles and processes
- Good communication skill, verbally and in writing
- Good coordinating and team building skills
- Experience of and aptitude for working in a diverse cultural environment
- Prepared and willing to travel and commute if required.
- Prepared and willing to work night shift, extended works, weekends.