A Senior Planner is required to work for a leading oil and gas operator, to be hired on a staff basis in Italy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and analyse site construction plan and schedules for impact on installed quantities
- Review and analyse site work-hour resources, equipment resources and production rates for impact on installed quantities
- Review and contribute to detailed site plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
- Monitor project site progress against an established baseline
- Audit reported project progress on site and compare against plan and forecast
- Utilize commodity rundown curves to track plan/actual/forecast commodity burn rate
- Review and analyse engineered, procured, and installed quantities against budgets/actual/forecast contracted scopes of work at site
- Provide impact analysis of scope or sequencing changes, identify opportunities, and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team
- Understand and monitor the execution of key interfaces between various scopes of work
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required
- Possesses master schedule understanding and appreciation for phased completion strategies
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or any related field.
- Minimum 10-years planning, progress measurement, quantity surveying, and/or construction supervision experience, 15 years or more is preferred, with 5-years in direct support of an active construction project.
- Experience with LNG is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects, including understanding a robust progress reporting methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical, and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Experience with reviewing and interpreting Primavera P6 project schedules
- Experience assessing and auditing project progress.
- Experience and capability aggregating and manipulating data in Microsoft Excel.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
If you are a Senior Planner looking for work in Italy, please don't hesitate to apply now!