Mid- Level Geotechnical Engineer, required by our client, an international Construction Company, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Norfolk, VA.
Support design and construction by carrying out testing and analysis to assess risk and the environment. The Geotechnical Engineer will provide geotechnical modeling, analysis & design, and technical project management.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and study to assess construction site condition.
- Plan and conduct geotechnical exploration effectively.
- Perform field and environmental investigations for construction projects.
- Analyze geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare data reports to Manager.
- Develop proposals and determine cost and schedule for investigations.
- Provide direction to technical team in field inspection activities.
- Interact with customers and team members to complete the assigned project on-time.
- Assist Manager in design and evaluation of constructions.
- Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects.
- Review and approve geotechnical designs.
- Review construction design proposals and approve geotechnical aspects.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in geotechnical engineering.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is also required.
- PE Certification highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft Project), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with tunnel, roadway, and bridge projects a plus.
- Organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Highly developed communication, both written and verbal
- Fluent in English with professional proficiency
- Commitment to Safety
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong attention to details