Offshore Engineering Manager
A Offshore Engineering Manager is required to work for a leading oil and gas operator, to be hired on a staff basis in Paris, France.
Role and Responsibilities
- To ensure implementation and maintenance procedures of the control of all documents required for definition and control of the interfaces in each of the projects;
- Develop, update and ensure application of the Interface Management procedure and Project Interface standard matrix;
- Organise and attend project meetings;
- Provide key engineering advice, assessment and recommendations to ensure delivery of a multi-contract project within time, to budget and quality following industry best practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Provide professional advice on engineering strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements to the project, to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the projects.
- Ensure that all assessment, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice, and that sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exists to support those business decisions.
- Provide leadership to the project members, potentially comprising employees working within a number of countries throughout Europe and the USA, to ensure competencies are maintained (or enhanced).
- Deliver consistent, high quality, cost effective engineering advice to the projects.
- Manage the certification process with independent verification bodies (where applicable) to reduce design risk and enhance asset value.
- Manage Consultants to deliver key advice and compliance where needed.
- Ensure that health and safety and environmental requirements are fully considered and adhered to in design to ensure compliance with legislation and industry best practice.
- Maintain full awareness of the latest technical and commercial developments and identify suitable new technologies that has the potential to reduce cost and risk or improve safety.
- Implement offshore standards, procedures, tools, best practices, and quality requirements to ensure that projects are delivered according to specification, budget and programme without compromising safety.
- Ensure that appropriate lessons learnt regarding offshore wind farm development and construction are captured and shared across the different Offshore Project work packages, seeking as well to address lessons learnt from previous projects. Collaborate with the Lead/Principal Engineer to ensure that the engineering team implements them to enhance business value.
Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge and experience of offshore wind farm design, construction, and project management
- Multidisciplinary engineering experience in multidisciplinary work packages in international environments.
- Basic knowledge of FIDIC contracts (Yellow Book)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Substantial experience designing and working in the offshore industry, preferably offshore wind.
- Substantial experience in dealing with health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction, marine and offshore projects.
- High degree of competency in future planning.
- Proven experience in delivery of large packages, including contract management, programme management, cost and risk control.
- Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Senior Management.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and develop key engineering decisions.
- Excellent report writing, presentation skills and ability to summarize key parameters and drivers impacting the package.
- Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate problems and thereafter plan and implements mitigating solutions to negate the effect of such problems.
- Problem solving - dealing with conflicting requirements.
- Proven ability in giving accurate, concise, and timely advice to project teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Educated to Degree level in relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a relevant field (offshore wind or oil and gas preferable).
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine construction projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering procedures, standards and guidance.
- Experience of working in highly skilled teams.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible to travel around Europe.
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- Self-motivated and works without supervision
- Results orientated
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles
- Excellent communication skills at various levels
- Ability to influence and make decisions
- Good organisation skills
- Good initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
If you are a Offshore Engineering Manager looking for work in Paris, France, please don't hesitate to apply now!