A Facilities Manager is required to work for a leading oil and gas operator, to be hired on a staff basis in Denmark.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the Facilities team in the daily work and be part of the project management team.
- Be responsible for ensuring prioritisation of the facilities work and resources allocation.
- Be responsible for the development activities of the project facilities including production processing facilities, pipelines and third-party tie-ins.
- Manage and oversee the facilities engineering design, either done internally or outsourced to external contractors and ensure that the facilities design is optimal, fit-for-purpose and compliant with companies requirements, specifications, relevant codes and standards.
- Ensure that the engineering for the development concepts and designs are delivered according to schedule, budget and to the right quality throughout the project development, including work on third-party tie-ins.
- Be responsible for the review of all facilities engineering and related deliverables from the contractors, including technical tender evaluation.
- Be responsible for preparing and obtaining approval for surface facility development plans.
- Provide input to the project economic evaluation process by delivering CAPEX estimates.
- Provide support to the commercial group in the evaluation of commercial offers from third-party.
- Provide input and participate in Cost & Schedule Risk Assessment, including identifying and managing risks within area of responsibility and participate in the project risk management process.
- Provide input to the change management process and perform assessment of impact in own area of responsibility.
- Ensure Value Improvement Practices are identified and performed so that the facilities design is fit for purpose.
- Coordinate and deliver all facilities input to technical reviews (e.g. peer reviews, external reviews) and decision gate reviews.
Skills and Experience
- Have an engineering education at B.Sc. or M.Sc. level.
- Have extensive experience in oil and gas engineering activities, either with another production operator, or contractor/supplier to the oil and gas industry.
- Have previous experience as Facility Manager, Facilities Manager or Engineering Manager on oil and gas projects.
- Have solid experience from Front End studies. Preferably some experience from detailed design / EPC projects as well as operational and maintenance experience.
- Have solid experience in management of FEED and EPC contractors.
- Have documented experience in leading teams, supervising and managing staff with the ability to work within large multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, across functions.
- Have working knowledge of all relevant codes, standards and industry practices.
- Have solid experience in project governance (e.g. O&G Project Model).
- Have a self-motivated and result oriented mindset, with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive mindset.
- Have a solid commercial acumen.
- Have good communication and presentation skills, including oral and written reporting.
- Are proficient in MS office package and MS project.
- Are fluent in English verbally as well as written.
If you are a Facilities Manager looking for work in Denmark, please don't hesitate to apply now !