WTG Foundation Engineer
London / Glasgow
A WTG Foundation Engineer is required to work for a leading oil and gas operator, to be hired on a contract basis in London / Glasgow.
Role and Responsibilities
- To receive and implement in the project lessons learned from previous project of the group, as well as to participate in the recording and transmission of the lessons of this project.
- To support and participate, as required, in all the FT&I activities of the project.
- To acquire a high level of understanding of the site conditions and project characteristics.
- To provide (or manage the procurement of) the solution to all technical aspects of the FT&I, especially focused on the installation engineering and on the planning of the offshore operations.
- To coordinate EAH's liaison with the FT&I tenderers, focused on technical aspects.
- To review and provide recommendations regarding the FT&I tenderers' proposals, including but not limited to transport plan, lift plans/ drawings, installation sequences, weather limitations, weather down time estimations, etc., and confirm compliance with the available codes and standards (including MWS).
- To review and comment on WTG FOU design, mainly on installation implications.
- Risk assess the technical feasibility of FT&I proposals to ensure that all risks & opportunities are identified are evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood.
- Confirm proposals and activities are implemented appropriately to meet the project programme, quality and budgetary requirements.
- Participate in Project meetings as necessary; in any location they may be held (e.g. Iberdrola Group offices, contractors' facilities, etc.).
- Attendance to supervise and monitor Tenderers', Consultants' and Contractors' activities.
- To provide support and assistance on the interface management with other project packages (e.g. WTG Foundations Design and Fabrication, and others with offshore operations content).
- General technical and management support to activities related to the development of the offshore wind farm, as required.
- Assess Health, Safety and the Environmental regulatory, Consenting and legal compliance.
- Ensure appropriate lessons learnt are captured and shared.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to Degree level in Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture (post-graduate qualification and Chartered Engineer status would be favourable).
- Significant demonstrable experience in offshore installation operations. Minimum 8 years. Specific references in:
- Load-out engineering, Marine analysis- vessel suitability. Transport & Installation of structures, e.g. piles (for pre/post-piled jackets), jacket installation, monopile & transition piece construction, OSS jacket & topside- module installations, WTG installation engineering & planning works.
- XL Monopiles driving/drilling.
- MWS liaison & approvals.
- Demonstrable experiences in:
- Marine environment-performance management.
- Engineering design (vessels, structures and/or equipment).
- Production of specification and tender documents.
- Contracts management (/subcontracts) negotiations (technical and Project management aspects).
- Construction and offshore installation method statements, risk assessments.
- Construction planning & logistics.
- Risk management process.
- Budgetary estimations.
- Collaborative working.
If you are a WTG Foundation Engineer looking for work in London, please don't hesitate to apply now!