An Environmental Specialist is required to work for a leading oil and gas operator, to be hired on a staff basis in Cornwall, UK.
Role and Responsibilities
- Environmental planning, including mitigation and adaptation responses for the design of UK floating wind projects.
- Support the effective management of environmental consultants, suppliers and surveys in accordance with agreed contracts;
- Competent review of technical and environmental reports and project datasets;
- Ensure interfaces and cooperation between technical and environmental works streams are well understood and optimised;
- Ensure the seamless flow of information is delivered through effective communications and orderly management of data;
- Attend engineering and consenting workshops to ensure that workstreams are aligned and that designs, and planning criteria are optimised;
- Input into program, cost and risk schedules for the projects.
- Input into client-side project management processes in support of the projects.
- Preparation of regular progress reports.
- Support in stakeholder engagement and consultation.
- Support the project team in the effective running of public consultation processes, including the organizing of public consultation events where required.
- Preparation and presentation of project literature, reports and briefing notes including the competent use of all relevant software required to professionally convey project information.
- Promulgation of all statutory notices in relation to the Project.
Skills and Experience
- Honours Degree in Environmental Science, Marine Science or related discipline with a minimum of five years' experience in the renewable energy sector and in project management.
- Experience in delivery of EIA, HRA and other environmental assessments for offshore renewable projects.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of different parties.
- Experience of representing an organization professionally in a public forum.
- Appreciation of the importance of effective implementation of HSEQ systems.
- Computer literate (MS Office) - ability to communicate clearly and concisely by email (Outlook), prepare Word documents and reports, create and use Excel spreadsheets effectively, prepare presentations using Powerpoint, create and maintain project programmes (e.g. MS Project), and work collaboratively using Sharepoint and Teams.
- Proficiency in the use of GIS.
- Post Graduate qualification in a Marine Energy or a consenting related discipline.
- Full Membership of a professional institution, (e.g. MIEMA, MIEnvSc).
- Strong Project Management Skills, with experience of, or qualifications in, a recognised project management system.
- Experience in the marine renewable energy sector, ideally offshore wind.
- Experience of site work and health and safety awareness.
- Experience of managing contractors.
If you are an Environmental Specialist looking for work in Cornwall, please don't hesitate to apply now!