A Quality Manager is required to work for a major infrastructure project working for a large construction client to be hired on a staff basis in Birmingham.
Role and Responsibilities
– Prepare, implement, and maintain the Technical Assurance Plan (TAP), which governs how BBV plans, manages and discharges its assurance obligations
– Develop an organisational structure for managing Technical Assurance, including establishing responsibilities and accountabilities for assurance within the design and construction teams
– Reviewing and developing systems and processes for the management and control of site information, data, design and construction related documentation and records
– Establishing an approach to managing subcontractors and other supplier’s assurance and providing guidance and training to construction team deliver this approach
– Reviewing the quality procedures of major sub-contractors and suppliers and when necessary, undertaking audits of their Quality Management Systems
– Working with design teams to ensure the coordination of interfaces with Statutory Undertakers, Network Rail, Rail Systems contractors, Enabling Works contractors and Others
– Supporting the construction teams establish test and inspection plans for review and acceptance prior to construction activities being undertaken
– Maintaining a close working relationship with project team to ensure the incorporation of buildability and maintainability, whole life value, sustainability and safety requirements in design, construction, operations and maintenance
– Establishing a "right first time” culture to design development, planning, and construction of the works and developing a collaborative and progressive approach to assurance
– Regularly audit the project against the defined quality and assurance arrangements, including field auditing of production teams. Report on the results of surveillance and audit
– Establish and report against quality performance KPIs. Analysing their results and reporting causes of failure to project management.
– Contributing to the continued improvement of quality performance through performance review and identification of appropriate training/coaching.
– Demonstrate the BBV behaviours
– Collaborate relentlessly
– Ensure a relentless focus on Health & Safety
Skills and Experience
– The following qualities/ experience are essential:
– Qualified to Diploma level/Degree level or similar equivalent
– Audit qualification to ISO 9001
– Experience in managing quality and assurance in a complex multi-disciplinary environment
Highly developed communication and influencing skills
– Relevant Construction Industry experience
If you are a Quality Manager looking for work in Birmingham, please don’t hesitate to apply now!