A Project Director is required to work for a leading transmission and distribution company, to be hired on a staff basis in London (flexible).
Role and Responsibilities
– Reporting to the Business Unit General Manager and Managing Director, the requirement is to lead a high-value multidiscipline team as the Joint Venture (JV) Project Director for programme delivery of major substation projects in England and Wales, with a responsibility to be develop further business within that framework.
– The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the successful delivery of £40m-£80m programmes of work, and technically & commercially complex portfolios / projects ideally within the high voltage transmission sector.
– Ability to lead and function within a combined client and supplier partner team.
– The role-holder will have the experience, energy and resilience as well as proven systems, techniques and methods to assess and deliver the project safely, on time and to budget.
– The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of NEC3 forms of contract and will have experience of working within a JV environment.
– The role-holder will have extensive knowledge of project planning, works management and stakeholder management.
– The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of CDM Regulations and experience of leading project specific safety initiatives
– Strong Leadership skills will be essential leading large project & operational teams
Skills and Experience
– A Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
– Training in HSE management, eg IOSH/NEEBOSH or behavioural safety programmes
– Formal Programme/Project management training eg APM
– Training and experience in Contracts eg NEC3
– Exeprience working within or leading Joint Ventures
– Ability and experience in leading project teams 50+ FTEs
– Available for start from June 2020, based in the Midlands and be mobile across the UK • Experienced in design and build multi-discipline transmission substation projects (Renewable, Connection related or other equivalent Industry Sectors would also be suitable)
– Effective and proven leadership skills
If you are a Project Director looking for work in the UK, please don’t hesitate to apply now!