HV COMPONENTS & PROTECTION ENGINEER
A HV Components & Protection Engineer is required to work for a leading renewables operator, to be hired on a contract basis in Germany.
Role and Responsibilities
– Be the main technical competence within the HV components and protection scope.
– Ensure quality of HV components and protection deliverables in all phases of the project including design, installation and commissioning.
– Ensure that the delivered Protection system and HV components comply with the clients specifications.
– Comply with and enforce the clients HSE requirements and policies.
– Support a strong focus on safety culture
– Review change requests.
– Ensure that the QA/QC process is followed
– Ensure quality of internal documentation and supplier documentation
– Support transition from PL to AP and from AP to O&M and OFTO
– Act as technical go-to person for Protection and HV Components related aspects on the EPC onshore/offshore substation
– Present the protection aspects and challenges to stakeholders and communicate with PMs
– Participation in relevant project and contractor meetings.
– Present the HV Components aspects and challenges to stakeholders and communicate with PMs
– Participate in design risk assessments
– Support interface management and coordination between the EPC contractor and the client to ensure integration of the wind farm
– Review RDS-PP numbering of assets
– Review design documentation, construction drawings and as built documentation
– Review design, sizing calculation, interface engineering, SCS network and architecture
– Witness FAT/SAT/commissioning SIT and energization.
– Review of fault finding and root cause analysis within the substation to ensure quality of mitigation.
– Review of As-built documentation, drawings, settings
– Input to project operation and maintenance manuals.
– Represent the client for Handover from Project to O&M.
– AP/O&M handover report
– Take-over certificate
– Lessons learned
– Technical assessment reports and decision nots for technical problem solving
Skills and Experience
– Recommendation of technical project changes related to the Protection and HV Components scopes
– BSc. / MSc within electrical engineering.
– Broad experience with electrical engineering, operations and maintenance within the offshore and onshore industry, protection systems, HV equipment, civil and structural interfaces, suppliers, technical and system analysis software.
– Understanding and experience with technical aspects of the departments field of work with the focus on protection systems and HV components.
– Structured, systematic and advanced written and spoken communication and presentation skills in English and the evt. local language
– Follow design, fabrication, installation, testing and commissioning activities of the protection system and the HV components scope to ensure that the delivered scope meets technical requirements and quality criteria.
If you are a HV Components & Protection Engineer looking for work in Germany, please don’t hesitate to apply now!