HSE SUPERINTENDENT – FABRICATION
A HSE Superintendent is required to work for a leading oil and gas operator, to be hired on a contract basis in Spain.
Role and Responsibilities
– Monitor Contractor and Subcontractors activities and performance, providing support, advice and guidance required to maintain safe and efficient operations, in line with contractors HSEMS and contractual obligations;
– Contribute to Safety Studies, Audits and reviews, including MoC as required by Project Delivery Manager
– Participate in review of Contractors Safe Systems of Work, including PTW, Risk Assessment and TBT’s
– Support development of hazard ID and risk management techniques
– Support effective coordination between all parties (Engineering, construction, procurement etc.)
– Carry out interventions that achieve delivery of plans and an incident free workplace (stopping the work for an immediate threat)
– Monitor Subcontractors activities for compliance with approved safety procedures;
– Support Contractor in incident investigation and ensure robustness of the entire process
– Ensure Contractors record and report accurate HSE statistics, and act as focal point for timely and quality HSE reporting to the Project
– Adopt and demonstrates a pro-active approach to managing risk through forward planning and strong communication with contractor personnel;
– Support HSE Initiatives and Programs and ensure effective ownership by Contractor to achieve desired results
– Support the reward and recognition program and monitor performance
– Assist in the delivery of information sessions appropriate to the scope of work
– Support HSE assurance activity, ensure audit reports, progress reports and HS&E performance reports are circulated to the appropriate stakeholders
Skills and Experience
– Ability to influence Contractor HSE Performance in a ‘Mode 3’ environment to drive contract HSE Plan delivery. Solid working knowledge and experience of HSE Risk Management systems, processes and tools (including PtW, Bow
– Tie, Task risk assessment, Intervention Programs, Tool box Talks and HAZID/HAZOP).
– Good Analytical skills and detail oriented with experience and ability to write SOP's, manuals, instructions, audit reports etc.
– Ability to lead and coordinate HSE Investigations to establish actual Root Causes, preparing and rolling out learnings, and conducting detailed HSE Audits
– Effective communication skills (oral and written) and experienced presentation and HSE planning abilities
– Use of common IT systems and tools (Power-point, word etc.).
– Strong interpersonal skills with capability to train, coach, mentor, support and successfully influence at various levels (including contractors).
– Capability to coordinate quality HSE related information, statistics recording, analysis, and reporting from Contractor to Project.
– Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
– Experience with Onshore fabrication yard HSE Management in Major Projects & Hook up and Commissioning activities for Offshore Oil & Gas.
– Experienced with requirements of IOGP 577 & 597 and successful implementation.
– Min 10 years Oil and Gas and related HSE experience;
– Subsea infrastructure design, fabrication, assembly and testing experience is preferred 2/11 Classification: Restricted Distribution.
– All rights reserved QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND COMPETENCY Minimum Education: – Recognized HSE qualification – NEBOSH diploma or equivalent would be advantageous Language Requirements: – Must be fluent in English and Spanish (oral and written) HSE Training / competencies; – Lead Auditor – Incident Investigation (Lead)
– Behavioral Based Safety
If you are a HSE Superintendent looking for work in Spain, please don’t hesitate to apply now!