DOCUMENT CONTROL MANAGER
A Document Control Manager is required to work for a Major infrastructure project working for a large construction client, to be hired on a staff basis in Birmingham.
Role and Responsibilities
– Lead the Document Control team for the sublot/Project.
– Manages an effective project information management system within Business Collaborator (BC), in line with both company and quality control procedures (BS EN ISO:9001). Focusing on all technical and contractual documentation produced throughout the lifecycle of the project from all interested parties.
– Manage the configuration and administration of Business Collaborator, to maintain a successfully functioning system at all times.
– Manage BC user accounts and subsequent access rights. Safeguard the privacy and security of information stored within the system.
– Manage the processes necessary for timely appropriate document submissions.
– Mange the integration of all project documentation through approved workflows – Carry out QA checks and release/distribute information. Monitor the process of interactive issuing and subsequent commenting/review of technical information. Manage the transition of technical data from design to construction status. Ensure traceability throughout.
– Roll out frequent training sessions in BC to new users.
– Carry out intermittent audits and produce reports on your findings.
– Produce reports and analyse the data and trends, based on agreed KPI’s and audit findings.
– Review and update procedures, guidelines and workflows related to the document control process.
– Attend meetings as dictated by the project requirements.
– Offer advice and support to both the project team and interested parties, as required.
– Maintain effective working relationships with all interested parties.
– The general aim being to improve the overall quality of the final product/service and improve BB's efficiency and resource on a day-to-day basis. Production of appropriate reports and management information
– Living the Balfour Beatty Vinci Values.
– Ensuring a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
– Supporting the delivery of the Sustainability 2020 roadmap.
– Supporting the business unit external accreditation process (including ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and industry licenses) to ensure it is able to operate in its chosen sector.
Skills and Experience
– Experience of leading and managing teams
– Experience of information/document management in Major Civil Engineering projects.
– Knowledge and experience of working to UK and international standards and codes of practice for information management & document Control.
– Knowledge of Electronic Information and document control systems.
– Any form of information management or ISO 9001 Certification.
– Broad knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 required.
– Previous experience working within information management is desirable.
– At least 5 years’ experience or extensive knowledge of working within systems and procedures.
– Full working knowledge of databases.
– Contractual awareness and a basic understanding of the market would be beneficial.
– Advanced information and communication technology skills.
– Excellent organisational skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
– Ability to work to tight deadlines and under minimum supervision.
– Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
– Previous experience of managing a team.
– Competent user of modern office computer systems e.g. Microsoft Office
– Knowledge and experience of using Business Collaborator
– Knowledge of BIM systems, ISO 27001 and ISO 19650
– Pays attention to detail and sees things through to completion.
– Has good interpersonal and communication skills
– Is a self-starter who manages their own time and seeks to add value to their function.
– Is able to work within a multi-discipline team.
– Can demonstrate initiative and resilience.
– CSCS Card Holder
If you are a Document Control Manager looking for work in Birmingham, please don’t hesitate to apply now!