DEPUTY FOUNDATION INSTALLATION MANAGER required by our Client in the Renewables Industry to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Boston, MA.
The Deputy Foundation Installation Manager is responsible for the delivery and assurances of the transportation of the FOU components, marshalling & pre-assembly area, port operations, offshore installation, and handover to commissioning in compliance with company standards and Health, Safety and Environment regulations.
• Analyse, recommend, and optimise offshore installation and methodologies from early design up to the offshore installation.
• In cooperation with Package Manager and Contract Manager, tender, negotiate and recommend WTG and TSA installation schedule.
• Manage Offshore installation contractor, vessel supplier and interface with Marine Warrantee Surveyor, Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and other projects team personnel.
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental compliance with regulations, industry standards and company policies.
• Planning of FOU’s transport and installation.
• Assurance of Transport and Installation standards for the delivery by the contractor, since the contract negotiation stage up to preparation for execution, installation, commissioning, and handover to O&M.
• Delivery of all technical, management and administration tasks, including production of documents, attendance to meetings, reports, technical evaluations, specifications, alternatives assessments, site inspections, etc., as required.
• Coordination with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Design and Supply package, WTG T&I package, MWS consultant, CVA, installation analysis, project’s planner, Consents, Maritime Authorities, Port Authorities, etc.
• Ensure delivery of and own review of all method statements and risk assessments.
• Collaborate as required in technical, management and administration activities for the project and company’s portfolio.
• Coordinating with colleagues in similar roles at other projects, and with Head of Department for assurances, use, compliance and production of company standards, knowledge transfer, line management, etc.
• Production of regular reports.
• Continuous knowledge sharing including regularly updated Lessons Learnt register.
• Relevant experience with FOU installation for Offshore Wind projects.
• Experience negotiating and managing supply agreements.
• Heavy lifting, port, and marine operations.
• Health and Safety legislation relevant to offshore operations, heavy lifting, and commissioning.
• Implementation of quality assurance and environmental processes.
• Contracts awareness.
• Demonstrable experiences in:
o engineering design (structures and/or equipment);
o production of specification and tender documents;
o contracts (/subcontracts) negotiations (technical aspects);
o construction and offshore installation method statements;
o construction planning;
o budgetary estimations
• Reports to Transportaion & Installation Package Manager.