A Contract Manager is required to work for a leading rail business, to be hired on a contract basis in London.
Role and Responsibilities
– In the upstream phase (in the tendering phase) :
– Participation in the successive phases of response to specifications, calls for tenders, etc.
– Contract review and negotiation
– Analysis of risks related to the terms of contracts negotiated in close collaboration with the legal department (liabilities, late penalties, guarantees, sureties, intellectual property, confidentiality, considering project constraints).
– Participation in negotiations with the various contractual players.
– In the downstream phase (during the execution of the contract) :
– Drafting of claims between the different partners to the contract (with the support of the legal department).
– Training of the project partners in the content of the contract and its inherent risks (with the support of the legal department).
– Managing these contracts by monitoring their performance, managing any changes, and ensuring the monitoring and acceptance of contractual obligations.
– Follow-up of contract developments in accordance with contractual procedures (change management).
– Active monitoring of formal communications with the contractual actors: correspondence, minutes of contractual meetings, etc.
– Monitoring of risks (legal and contractual, but also operational, commercial, financial, etc.).
– Document management to enable claims to be drawn up or responded to
– Resolution of conflicts and claims between the different contractual parties.
Skills and Experience
– Graduate of an engineering school
– Your ability to adapt and your motivation for teamwork will allow you to be quickly recognised as a quality speaker by your interlocutors.
– Interested in the world of railways
– A first successful experience of at least 5 years in the field of contract manager in Civil Engineering or works
– Good interpersonal skills
If you are a Contract Manager looking for work in London, please don’t hesitate to apply now!