Senior Contracts Engineer (Logistics)
SENIOR CONTRACTS ENGINEER required by our Client, an Oil and Gas Operator, to be assigned on a contract basis, located in Maputo, Mozambique.
Duration: One Year (Renewable), Resident
Contract Tender Phase
- Prepare the Call for Tender documentation and specific Tender and Tender Evaluation Procedures in line with Project and Company procedures,
- Validate Tenderer compliance with Bank Guarantee, Parent Company Guarantee requirements, Insurances, and the like.
- Evaluate contractual proposals and assist in evaluation of technical and commercial proposals where applicable.
- Administer the Recommendation to Award Report. Prepare and participate to the contract committee.
- Prepare final contract documents and obtain necessary validations for the execution of the contract.
- Manage close out the Pre-contract phase (e.g., notification of unsuccessful Tenderers, storage of tender documentation and correspondence…)
Post Award Contract Management
- Review requests for change orders and prepare / validate change order documents.
- Manage Contractor claims, prepare counter claims, liaise with Project team & HQ as necessary.
- Ensure all contractual certificates, guarantees and insurances required under the Contract are in place and received in due time.
- Coordinate the processing of Contractor’s monthly applications for payment and verify invoice submissions.
EXPERIENCE / QULAIFICATIONS
- Qualified Contracts engineer for the management of EPC/EPCI construction contracts, very strong knowledge in construction law and proven experience in management of Oil & Gas project construction and installation contracts from pre-award to final account preferably on offshore / subsea packages
- Proficient in SAP ERP and various Microsoft Office software suite
- Good command of English language
- Diploma: Master Construction Law, Business, Qualification in Engineering / Construction Science would be a plus
- 10 years, practical, relevant, and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of EPC/EPCI construction technical contracts in offshore/marine Oil & Gas Projects.
- Good general knowledge and understanding of project control, commercial, legal and insurance matters, and “in depth” understanding where relevant to construction and supply contracts.