LEAD COST ENGINEER required by our Client, an Oil and Gas Contractor, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Odessa, TX.
Senior cost engineer covering all aspects of cost management for our Clients Odessa office. This includes both direct and indirect cost management, overhead budgeting and reporting, project baseline setup and support, project audits as assigned, change management, reporting (both internal and external clients), project benchmarking, estimating interface, proposal support, and project management support.
- Develop and maintain project cost baselines as assigned
- Develop and maintain Project code of accounts for specific business lines including newer Business lines such as Power, Mining and Maintenance.
- Develop and maintain change management system including Change Orders, Budget Shifts, and Trends including contingency management. Actively pursue the trending program to include weekly change management meetings as required.
- Timely and accurate reporting at all levels including internal and external clients
- Timely and accurate forward looking analysis and mitigation plan development to reduce or eliminate unforeseen cost impacts
- Cost system administrator for assigned projects including access, ad hoc reports, executive level support, training of subordinates and PM team, etc
- Interface with accounting and procurement system as required in order to produce the most timely and accurate cost forecast possible
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years experience in EPC industry
- Multi discipline construction field experience highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of cost engineering work process, procedures, and techniques
Specific knowledge of the following areas are preferred for the position:
- Cost code of accounts
- Commitments and expenditure tracking including labor, material, equipment, engineering, construction, indirects, etc.
- Construction Progress and performance forecasting techniques by discipline
- Baseline development and management
- Change management and the ability to recognize change and translate impacts from client to both schedule and cost impacts via change orders and trends.
- Cost system expert in development of the baseline, managing change, and all levels of reporting
- Advanced understanding of construction industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities
- Occasional travel required performing setup and audit support as required
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional, ethical, and team player willing to grow with the company.